This section lists some recommended further reading. These are real recommendations, not padding designed to make this document look important.
- Mastering Regular Expressions
- "Mastering Regular Expressions" by Jeffrey E. F. Friedl (3rd edition, O'Reilly, 2006, ISBN 0-596-52812-4) is the book on regular expressions. Very readable and devoid of the usual mathematical jargon that tends to fill up these kinds of books. Publisher's page
- Making Packager-Friendly Software
- Making Packager-Friendly Software by Julio M. Merino Vidal describes various things that can be done by upstream software providers to make life easy for the distribution people (that means you).
- How to Report Bugs Effectively
- How to Report Bugs Effectively by Simon Tatham is a good overview of effective bug reporting.