CHECK-REQS.ECLASSSection: eclass-manpages (5)
Updated: May 2020
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEcheck-reqs.eclass - Provides a uniform way of handling ebuild which have very high build requirements
DESCRIPTIONThis eclass provides a uniform way of handling ebuilds which have very high build requirements in terms of memory or disk space. It provides a function which should usually be called during pkg_setup().
The chosen action only happens when the system's resources are detected correctly and only if they are below the threshold specified by the package.
# need this much memory (does *not* check swap) CHECKREQS_MEMORY="256M" # need this much temporary build space CHECKREQS_DISK_BUILD="2G" # install will need this much space in /usr CHECKREQS_DISK_USR="1G" # install will need this much space in /var CHECKREQS_DISK_VAR="1024M"
If you don't specify a value for, say, CHECKREQS_MEMORY, then the test is not carried out.
These checks should probably mostly work on non-Linux, and they should probably degrade gracefully if they don't. Probably.
SUPPORTED EAPIS4 5 6 7
- Exported function running the resources checks in pkg_setup phase. It should be run in both phases to ensure condition changes between pkg_pretend and pkg_setup won't affect the build.
- Exported function running the resources checks in pkg_pretend phase.
- How much RAM is needed? Eg.: CHECKREQS_MEMORY=15M
- How much diskspace is needed to build the package? Eg.: CHECKREQS_DISK_BUILD=2T
- How much space in /usr is needed to install the package? Eg.: CHECKREQS_DISK_USR=15G
- How much space is needed in /var? Eg.: CHECKREQS_DISK_VAR=3000M
AUTHORSBo Ørsted Andresen <email@example.com>
Original Author: Ciaran McCreesh <firstname.lastname@example.org>
MAINTAINERSQA Team <email@example.com>
REPORTING BUGSPlease report bugs via https://bugs.gentoo.org/
- SUPPORTED EAPIS
- ECLASS VARIABLES
- REPORTING BUGS
- SEE ALSO
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 15:27:02 GMT, June 05, 2020